Full-time vocational school - Application
There is no time limit for applications to the vocational school. Applicants must send a folder with the complete application documents (no online application). The yearly application deadline for the suitability test is February 28th. Applicants with incomplete application documents will not be recognised in the enrollment process.
The submitted documents will be stored at the school for two years, after which they may be sent back upon request. A stamped envelope must be included for a return.
Applicants who receive an invitation letter for the suitability test will also receive a preparatory assignment which they have to complete by the date of the suitability test.
- Fully completed application forms with original signature
- Letter in German language explaining why one is applying
- Curriculum vitae in German language with photograph
- Diploma of the latest attended school, certified copy (secondary school or tertiary education), foreign language certificates with certified german language translation incl. a break down of the point score system. Applicants who still have to complete the graduation of the secondary school should submit the latest half year term certificate. After successful completion of the suitability test, the acceptance in the vocational school can only occur once the minimum required highschool diploma is submitted by the end of July latest.
- Proof of at least two years of regular musical instrument instruction related to the chosen programme (bowed, plucked, woodwind or brass instrument) with a description of the acquired technical and musical repertoire
- Free-handed drawings (DIN A4), free choice of perspectives and scale
- Violin making: violin scroll in two views
- Plucked instrument making: guitar head and bridge in two views
- Woodwind instrument making: A flute without the keys viewed from two different perspectives
- Brass instrument making: brass instrument in two views without mechanism
- Medical certificate (not older than 6 months), which includes the following information:
- General certificate of good health which confirms unconditional prerequisites or stipulates existing handicaps.
- Confirmation of an unconditional good vision or includes a stipulation how an existing handicap can be neutralized by suitable aides.
- Confirmation of an unconditional good hearing or a stipulation how an existing handicap can be neutralized by suitable aides.
- Police certificate of good conduct (source document, not older than 6 months)
- Certificate of the successful examination (confirmation of participation in a course is not sufficient!) of level B2 of the Goethe-Institute for applicants whose mother tongue is not German or confirmation from a state educational institution that the education level of the applicant corresponds with the qualification B2 of the Goethe Institute.
The quality of the own completed application documents forms part of the suitability test as part of the interview process. The quality of the self created hand drawings in the application documents form part of the evaluation process of the suitability test of the drawing part.
Applicants with incomplete application documents will not be recognised in the enrollment process.